Friday, October 23, 2009
A Chance To Help...And Heal
I don't remember the year, though it was among the many I spent high as a kite. I was living in Murray in an apartment with my boyfriend and his Mother and Stepfather. They were big time meth dealers in Salt Lake, and I was their little helper. The whole complex was drug-ridden, and we all had walkie-talkies in each apartment to warn of strange cars coming in, or the cops. The neighbor accross from us was also a big time dealer, and many younger people came to him for their dope. He lived there with his girlfriend, and best friend, and me and my boyfriend spent a lot of time with them. One particular day, I was at their apartment while they were gone but some friends and I were getting high. We were sitting in their living room watching t.v. passing the glass pipe around when all of a sudden, breaking news interrupted the program. We all glanced as the three that lived in that very apartment were plastered accross the screen, wanted for fraud, and aparently decided to rob a bank and then shoot a cop. The cop was in critical condition, and they were on the run. We looked at each other in disbelief, and not two minutes later, the girl ran into the apartment soaking wet, with a gun in her shirt. She had jumped into the Jordan River, and swam up towards our apartments. How did I get here? Whith these people? ME. I quickly jumped up and ran into our apartment and never went back. They were eventually caught, and I believe are all serving sentences in prison. I still am in disbelief at the places I have been, and the things I have seen. This is one of many stories I have to share, and sadly this one is at the beginning of my full blown addiction. Even though my friends had just robbed a bank, and shot a cop, I still continued to use. This is how serious the drug affects the brain and the area between right and wrong deminish, and all becomes acceptable. I think of this time as when I was taken over, because as you all know, I would never hang around people like that. I am sure many of you are experiencing a family member or loved one that has a problem, and I am here to tell you, just remember who they really are, because when you see them high, that isn't them. Just lead them by example, and show them happiness. Just SHOW them. SHOW them and LOVE them, and they just might come back to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Love this. Love you.
You are such an amazing woman, and I just love you! Thank you for your honesty and total and unconditional love.
Post a Comment