Sunday, March 29, 2009

The POOP on Poop


Okay I have to vent!! My poor daughter has had the hardest time with her bum bum! I am at my wits end and am looking for any advice that can be given. Makayla has issues with the event we like to call pooping. She eats great, is gaining weight, and when it gets to that magical time to poop, it hurts her soooo bad, and she starts screaming. I end up "helping" her a lot of the time. But heres the kicker, I am breastfeeding her exclusively. Her poop is runny as can be. So why isn't it coming out? I took her in after hours on Friday, and the doc told me her bummy exit area is too small. He stretched it out and she screamed and screamed!!! I thought this would be the answer to my prayers, but it sure was not. She is still doing the same thing. What could it be? I just can't figure it out! HELP!!! We will be going back in tomorrow. Also, he gave me instructions for a "back up plan" incase the stretching out didn't help. Glycerine suppositories. But my issue is, do I use them EVERY time she has to go? I don't want her to become dependant on the suppositories. I have never heard of a constipated kid with runny poops. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

The Hansen's said...

SO sad~ poor little cutie. That is no fun at all! I haven't a clue, it seems like you've tried all the stuff I would reccomend. So, I think It's time to make an appt. with your Ped. Good Luck to you both.

Morgan Family said...

Oh I am so sorry! That is not fun at all. I am afraid I am no help on this one. The best I can say is to give her a blessing, that is if you haven't done so already. We will keep you both in our prayers. Hopefully the Doc will be more help. We all need to get together soon. Love ya!