
Holy wow!! Life is full. And I mean FULL!!!! I turn around and a new week is beginning. I keep meaning to post more, so you all can keep up, but you know how it goes right? Let's begin with the new job. AMAZING!! How I fell into this, well, I know how, but really...thank you Heavenly Father. I LOVE the people I work with, I LOVE the students. They want to be there, they appreciate my knowledge, and we are able to keep it fun yet respectful. They are forced to call me Professor Baxter, and I can't help but giggle every time they call out "Professor Baxter?" It is too funny! I even have a pretty office, a brass plate with my name and title on it, and business cards! BooYAH!! I feel so official! When I got my first check, I sat there and cried. Money, MY money. That I earned. Oh what a feeling! I didn't have to rely on anyone but ME. That, my friends, is an amazing feeling. I no longer need the church's welfare system, which I am so proud to say I was a part of. I am going to do my part more to contribute to that, as it literally saved my life here at Pemberley. Thank you to all the members who believe in it, and contribute. You helped ME, and I was able to get HERE. It is there for a reason, and I have NO shame in telling others I needed it, and it was beautiful! I had to say goodbye to my two kids. The ones before my sweet Makayla. My dogs, Riddick and Nakita. After so much back and forth on the subject, and realizing how unhappy they were, I found a wonderful home for them in Wellsville. A cute little Grandma and Grandpa came and took them to their fenced in 3 acre yard. They order their food online so it's organic, and they used to breed min pins. I felt so good letting them go, and to be honest, it's been a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I don't feel SO guilty anymore. They will be happy, and that makes me happy. I miss them so much it hurts, but time will heal that as it has healed everything else. I love you dogs!!!! It's funny how many more noises I hear without them here, because I felt so safe that they would hear everything. I am getting used to it, and sometimes I HATE how quiet my house is. It reminds me that I am, indeed, a single mother. I am never alone though, and I have learned that for sure. Moving on with life has been tough, and had it's ups and downs, but overall, I have never been happier. I am doing great! I am so grateful for our church, and the lessons I get every Sunday. I am so grateful for my wonderful support system, and I love those I have met along the way. I am looking forward to the future with an almost whole heart, and can't wait to see what happens next!





3 comments:
SO glad you are loving your new job...we think about you and how you're doing often. Hoping the weather starts getting better soon so we can start evening BBQ's!!
Yay Marcie! You are such an amazing person and friend! I am so so happy for you and your new journey you get to enjoy! Love ya!
Good for you! I knew you would get there and I knew you could do it! Somtimes the best things in our lives come out of the most devasting situations! I'm proud of you and the grown-up you've become! But you'll always be my little sis! XOXOXOX
Post a Comment